Thursday, January 12, 2017

What a week!

What a week it has been...
To start with the good things. I had another lesson on Java. I was super worried about this lesson due to the 30 mph wind. Java is a nut in the wind.
The day didn't start well, he kicked out at Pepsi and got me in the ankle. That didn't feel great, but he didn't mean it and knew that he was in trouble. I let him loose in the arena for about 10 minutes and he ran like a mad man. He walked in circles while I was saddling him and when I was getting on. Once I was on he went to work. It was one of the best rides I have ever had on him. He is still VERY green, so we are working on softening to the bit. He was finally figuring it out today, and I am looking forward to what the future holds for him.
Addie and Pepsi have been hanging out. Last week was cold and windy and this week is so windy you can barely go outside. Friday the temperature is dropping down another 30 degrees. Yuck!

Yesterday was a tough one. I work with 7 horses every day of the week. One of them has had DSLD for the last few years. This past year has been much worse for her. She was struggling while getting her feet done, and had just not been feeling her best. We made the tough decision to have her put to sleep before she was in more pain, or unable to get up. I am comforted by the fact that she went quickly and painlessly, and that she will no longer be in any pain. But I will sure miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment