Sunday, December 24, 2017

2018 Goals

Since I really don't feel like I accomplished much in 2017, I am really hoping to accomplish much more in 2018. My goals for horses have changed, but I still want them to be the biggest part of my life.
So I will start with the goals for my own horses. Due to the craziness of the last year I have not been able to ride my own horses much at all. That needs to change.
Pepsi

  • Get her back in shape for frequent riding. 
  • Get her better at holding herself in frame without constant help. Since I got her she has had a problem with wanting to trot around with her head on the ground. 
  • Get back to not leaping into the canter.
  • Work on Flying Lead changes again. 
Java
  • Get him back in shape also. He is as fat as can be!
  • Work on more consistency at the trot and canter. 
Addie
  • Get her back to work. She has not been under saddle regularly for 3 years now. 
  • Really just keep her in shape and at a good weight.
  • Possible show her a bit. I have a friend that wants to ride her at shows, and we will see if this is a possibility. 

Then there are the Horses I am working with, not in my regular job. 

V
  • Her owner wants her to be an eventing horse, so my main goals for next year are to start her over fencese. 
  • Get her more confident outside the arena. 
  • Make it easier for her owner to be able to ride her. Her owner is a beginner, and I want her to be able to ride her easily enough. 
  • Get her calmer on the ground. 
A
  • Keep getting her used to having someone sitting on her. 
  • Work on lunging and leading patiently. 

For those in my working job... I now have two new horses that have joined our program. 
  • Get the new boys used to the craziness of being therapy horses. 
  • Help J work on her confidence under saddle once again. 
  • Work on B leading skills. 
  • Keeping all fit and happy.

For my personal goals:
  • Show in a dressage show again. I haven't shown dressage in over 5 years. 
  • Of course show hunt seat, but I also want to add in a jumping show. 
  • Work on my right shoulder. It wants to creep forward constantly. Stupid shoulder. 
  • Take lessons regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment