Monday, January 27, 2014

Ups and Downs

The weather here has been all over the place. This weekend it was over 60, I had the chance to ride my horses, get their feet trimmed, and we even did some free jumping with Java. But today it is back down to feeling like -20, with a true high of under ten.
I really don't mind winter, but I also don't like the temperatures fluctuating so much. If it would stay at 20 all winter, I would probably be okay with it. But I don't like it being 60 and then 20. It makes me worry about my horses, and I just can't get used to it.

I wish I could say that I have been able to ride my own horses often this last month, but I unfortunately have not been able to. Between the weather and work there hasn't been a lot of time left over.
The one good thing about Pepsi is that I can ride her like this. I hadn't sat on her in over a week, I didn't lunge her, and she let me do this without throwing any tantrums. I love this horse so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment